Outras Fontes’ products can be found online in some of the major international font distributors and services. You can securely get our commercial fonts at:
Desktop fonts allow you to install the font in your computer’s Fonts folder for use with applications that have a Fonts menu such as TextEdit, MS Word, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. Desktop fonts are priced based on the number of computers where the font is installed.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Outras Fontes Standard License
1. Allowed uses
You may use the licensed fonts to create images on any surface such as computer screens, paper, web pages, photographs, movie credits, printed material, T-shirts, and other surfaces where the image is a fixed size.
You may use the licensed fonts to create EPS files or other scalable drawings provided that such files are only used by the household or company licensing the font.
2. Number of users
The maximum number of simultaneous users is specified in the applicable receipt. All users must belong to the same company or household purchasing the font.
3. Third parties
You may provide the font to a graphic designer, printer or other service bureau that is working on your behalf only if they agree to use the font exclusively for your work, agree to the terms of this license, and retain no copies of the font on completion of the work.
You may not provide the font or make it accessible to any other third parties.
You may embed the licensed fonts into any document you send to third parties. Such documents may be viewed and printed (but not edited) by the recipients.
You may not under any circumstances embed the licensed fonts into software or hardware products in which the fonts will be used by the purchasers of such products. Such use requires a different license which may be offered by Outras Fontes foundry through MyFonts.
You may import characters from the font as graphical objects into a drawing program and modify such graphical objects.
You may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the licensed font itself without Foundry’s prior written consent.
The font and the accompanying materials are copyrighted and contain proprietary information and trade secrets belonging to the foundry owning the font. Unauthorized copying of the Product even if modified, merged, or included with other software, or of the written materials, is expressly forbidden. You may be held legally responsible for any infringement of the foundry’s intellectual property rights that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
This Agreement is effective until terminated. This Agreement will terminate automatically without notice from MyFonts or the Foundry if you fail to comply with any provision contained herein. Upon termination, you must destroy the written materials, the Product, and all copies of them, in part and in whole, including modified copies, if any.
8. Product Upgrades
Outras Fontes may, from time to time, update the Product. Product upgrade pricing may apply.
9. Disclaimer and Limited Warranty
Outras Fontes warrants the Product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of twenty one (21) days from the date of delivery as shown on your receipt. Outras Fontes’ entire liability and your exclusive remedy as to a defective product shall be, at Outras Fontes’ option, either return of purchase price or replacement of any such product that is returned to Outras Fontes with a copy of the invoice. Outras Fontes shall have no responsibility to replace the product or refund the purchase price if failure results from accident, abuse or misapplication, or if any product is lost or damaged due to theft, fire, or negligence. Any replacement product will be warranted for twenty one (21) days.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, THE PRODUCT, IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. OUTRAS FONTES FOUNDRY MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Product rests upon you. Outras Fontes foundry does not warrants that the functions contained in the Product will meet your requirements or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error free.
OUTRAS FONTES FOUNDRY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT EVEN IF OUTRAS FONTES FOUNDRY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Webfonts allow you to use fonts on a website with the CSS @font-face rule.
To use Outras Fonts’ webfonts we offer 2 options:
1) Some of our fonts are available in the Abobe Typekit service, wich is based on annual plans.
2) The other option is purchasing a license for one or more specific fonts at MyFonts.
MyFonts webfonts are priced by the number of pageviews on which the webfonts will be seen. Pay Once is based on expected monthly pageviews. It’s a one-time purchase with no time limit; just make sure your monthly visits don’t exceed your license’s number of pageviews. You can increase your monthly pageview limit at any time.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Outras Fontes / MyFonts Web Font End User License Agreement
1. Binding Agreement. You are bound by the Agreement and you acknowledge that all Use of the Licensed Web Fonts is governed by the Agreement.
2. License Grant. The Licensed Web Fonts are licensed, not sold, to you for Use only under the terms of this Agreement. MyFonts, as the licensor, reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable (except as expressly permitted herein) license to Use the Licensed Web Fonts on Websites, using the @font-face selector in CSS files, subject to all of the following:
• You may not link to, nor put online, any version of a Licensed Web Font not supplied in a Web Font Kit.
• The Licensed Web Fonts may be used on any Website owned or controlled by you (subject to the next bullet point). The total traffic, measured in page views, of all Websites Using a Licensed Web Font must be no greater than the number of page views specified in your account at located at www.myfonts.com. Businesses or organizations such as advertising agencies, web design agencies or hosting providers that are responsible for multiple clients’ Websites must enter into separate Agreement’s for each client Website.
• The Licensed Web Fonts may be used in a Website where visitors produce Styled Content by directly or indirectly selecting a Licensed Web Font and entering or editing content using that Licensed Web Font, if and only if the Website does not enable or facilitate the Styled Content being used outside the Website. Examples of using Styled Content outside of a Website include but are not limited to producing merchandise, PDF documents, image files, or personalized physical objects using the Styled Content.
• You may not use conversion or editing tools on the Licensed Web Fonts.
• Use of the Licensed Web Fonts with technologies other than @font-face, such as sIFR, Cufón or Typeface.js, is not allowed.
• You must retain the page view tracking code, as supplied in the Web Font Kit, on all Websites that Use the Licensed Web Fonts.
You shall identify all Licensed Web Fonts to visitors of Websites only by the Licensed Web Font’s original name and in accordance with accepted trademark practice, including identification of the trademark owner’s name. The Website’s font selection user interface must display the Licensed Web Font’s original name(s) and cite the source of the Licensed Web Font. You will only use the Licensed Web Font’s original name(s) to identify a Licensed Web Font which effects a faithful reproduction of the underlying font and which is of a quality sufficient to meet industry typographic quality standards.
3. Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights. You agree that the Licensed Web Fonts are protected by the copyright law and other intellectual and industrial property rights of the United States of America and its various States, by the copyright law and other intellectual and industrial property rights of other nations, and by international treaties. You agree to treat the Licensed Web Fonts as you would any other copyrighted material. You may not copy the Licensed Web Fonts, except as expressly provided herein. You agree not to adapt, modify, alter, translate, convert, or otherwise change the Licensed Web Fonts, or to create Derivative Works from the Licensed Web Fonts or any portion thereof. You further agree not to use the Licensed Web Fonts in connection with software and/or hardware which create Derivative Works of the Licensed Web Fonts. You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or instructions of the Licensed Web Fonts, provided, however, that if you are located in a European Community member country or any other country which provides rights materially similar to the rights set forth in this provision, you may reverse engineer or decompile the Licensed Web Fonts only to the extent that sufficient information is not available for the purpose of creating an interoperable software program (but only for such purpose and only to the extent that sufficient information is not provided in a timely manner free of charge by MyFonts upon written request). You agree that MyFonts, or its third party licensors, owns all right, title and interest in and to the Licensed Web Fonts, their structure, organization, code, and related files, including all intellectual and industrial property rights therein such as copyright, design and trademarks rights. You agree that the Licensed Web Fonts, their structure, organization, code, and related files are valuable property of MyFonts or its third party licensors and that any intentional or negligent Use of the Licensed Web Fonts not expressly permitted by the Agreement constitutes an infringement of intellectual and industrial property rights.
You agree to use trademarks associated with the Licensed Web Fonts according to accepted trademark practice, including identification of the trademark owner’s name. The use of any trademark authorized herein does not give you any rights of ownership in that trademark and all use of any trademark shall inure to the sole benefit of MyFonts. You may not change any trademark or trade name designation for the Licensed Web Fonts.
4. Warranty; Limitation of Liability. MyFonts warrants to you that the Licensed Web Fonts will perform substantially in accordance with W3C specifications for the use of fonts in conjunction with the ‘@font-face rule’ specified in the cascading style sheets (“CSS”) specification set forth on the http://www.W3.org website as of the date of this Agreement for the twenty-one (21) day period following delivery of the Licensed Web Font(s). To make a warranty claim, you must, within the twenty-one (21) day warranty period, contact MyFonts with sufficient information regarding your licensing of the Licensed Web Font(s) so as to enable MyFonts to verify the existence and date of the license. If the Licensed Web Font(s) do not perform substantially in accordance with W3C specifications for the use of fonts in conjunction with the ‘@font-face rule’ specified in the cascading style sheets (“CSS”) specification set forth on the http://www.W3.org website as of the date you agree to be bound by this Agreement, the entire, exclusive, and cumulative liability and remedy shall be limited to the refund of the license fee you paid to MyFonts to obtain delivery of the Licensed Web Font(s).
MYFONTS DOES NOT WARRANT THE RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE LICENSED WEB FONT(S). THE FOREGOING STATES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR MYFONTS’ BREACH OF WARRANTY. EXCEPT FOR THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY, MYFONTS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL MYFONTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE (I) FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF MYFONTS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST YOU BY ANY THIRD PARTY SEEKING SUCH DAMAGES EVEN IF MONOTYPE IMAGING HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusions of limitations of incidental, consequential or special damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. Also, some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusions of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you. To the greatest extent permitted by law, any implied warranties not effectively excluded by this Agreement are limited to twenty-one (21) days. Some jurisdictions do not permit a limitation of implied warranties where the product results in physical injury or death so such limitations may not apply to you. In those jurisdictions, you agree that MyFonts liability for such physical injury or death shall not exceed One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000) United States dollars, provided that such jurisdictions permit a limitation of such liability. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights that vary from state to state or jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The Licensed Web Font(s) are non-returnable and nonrefundable.
5. Transfer of the Licensed Web Fonts. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, give, lend, or further distribute the Licensed Web Font(s), or any copy thereof, except as expressly provided herein. You may transfer all its rights to use the Licensed Web Font(s) to another person or legal entity provided that (i) the transferee accepts and agrees to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and (ii) you destroy all copies of the Licensed Web Font(s), including all copies stored in the memory of a hardware device. If you are a business or organization, you agree that in case of a reasonable doubt with regard to the proper Use of the Licensed Web Font(s) within your organization, upon request from MyFonts or its authorized representative, you will, within thirty (30) days, fully document and certify that the Use of any and all Licensed Web Fonts licensed by you from MyFonts at the time of the request is in conformity with your valid licenses from MyFonts.
6. Copies. You may make one back-up copy of the Licensed Web Font(s) for archival purposes only, and you shall retain exclusive custody and control over such copy. Any copies that you are expressly permitted to make pursuant to the Agreement must contain the same copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Licensed Web Font(s). Upon termination of Agreement, you must destroy the original and any and all copies of the Licensed Web Font(s).
7. Termination. Upon failure by you to comply with the terms of the Agreement, MyFonts shall be entitled to terminate the Agreement upon notice by regular mail, paid carrier, telefax or email/textform. The termination of the Agreement shall not preclude MyFonts from suing you for damages for any breach of the Agreement. The Agreement may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized officer of MyFonts.
8. Other Terms and Conditions. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is unenforceable or invalid, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render this Agreement unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and, in such event, such unenforceable or invalid provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of such provision within the limits of applicable law or court decisions.
You agree that the Licensed Web Fonts may not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration or any applicable export laws, restrictions or regulations.